Industrial Field Service and VFD Technician
Purpose: Keller Electrical's Service division is seeking a qualified Industrial Field Service and VFD Technician to become a member of a highly skilled and well-respected team in the industrial electrical service industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform installation, testing, and repair of all industrial related electrical and electronic equipment utilized in manufacturing plants or distribution systems.This equipment includes VFD’s, motors and motor starters, PLC’s and control system instrumentation.
• Troubleshoot equipment problems utilizing technical reference manuals, electrical schematics and appropriate testing equipment.
• Propose and research electrical equipment upgrades and modifications.
• Meet with vendors and customers, as required or requested, to update products, resolve problems, and reduce cost.
• Assist shop personnel to meet established shipment dates.
• Maintain high quality standards of products.
• Work in a manner consistent with the concept of continuous improvement.
• Participate with problem solving and maintain effective communication between production, planning, quality control, and engineering.
• Provide coaching, mentoring and training to other personnel.
• Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), Underwriter Laboratories Code (UL-508), and applicable NFPA standards.
• Assist and train shop personnel for proper instrumentation installation, wiring, start-up, and troubleshooting techniques.
Skills / Requirements
• Must have the qualifications, experience and ability to competently and efficiently perform the duties assigned.
• Associates Degree or relevant work experience preferred.
• Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls, or technical training, apprenticeship program, or equivalent education or experience a plus.
• Five years of hands-on experience servicing industrial process controls, or related field.
• Two years experience in an industrial environment.
• Experience in the water/wastewater and mining industry a plus.
• Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Ability to complete required safety training classes and comply with OSHA, MSHA or any authority having jurisdiction.
• Must have the ability to complete tasks and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
• Must have a proven safe driving record
• Basic computer skills necessary to perform job functions. Must be familiar with Microsoft office products.
• Highly motivated with interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative team environment that includes shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others, support team and company objectives, and a willingness to work in all areas required by the team.
• Utilize computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, on-line reporting, material and supply ordering, and filing of various forms.
• Subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and extended workdays and/or workweeks. Will be required to carry a cell phone, to work a rotating on-call schedule, and is subject to 24-hr/day callout at any time for emergency response.
• Able to travel to other locations for temporary assignments, meetings, and training involving some overnight stays away from home.
Keller Electrical Industries has immediate openings available. We are seeking people who are looking for long-term opportunities. This is a tremendous opportunity to become a member of a highly skilled and well-respected team in the custom electrical service industry. Primary industries worked include: Water and Wastewater, Utility Industry, Power Generation Industry, Mining Industry, Chemical Industry, Aggregate/Cement Industry and Manufacturing Industry. Keller Electrical is a non-union employer.
**No phone calls please
Job Status: Full Time